Stone of Change
Stones of Change can be found in the Marketplace by the bank and attached to the Tower of The Twelve and can help you manage your inventory or upgrade your gear.
The most basic and common thing they do is converting your dragonshard fragments in to dragonshards.
Siberys Dragonshards are used to exchange feats in House J. [Link will be here eventually to a newbie primer to explain this process.]
- 100 fragments = 1 flawed (fragments stack in thousands; 1,000 fragments = 10 flawed)
- 10 flawed = 1 imperfect
- 10 imperfect = 1 standard dragonshard
- 10 standard = 1 exceptional
- 10 exceptional = 1 perfect
Khyber Dragonshards are used to bind and attune gear and as a spell component for Trap the Soul. [Link will be here eventually to a newbie primer to explain this process.]
- 100 fragments = 1 tiny (fragments stack in thousands; 1,000 fragments = 10 tiny)
- 5 tiny = 1 small
- 5 small = 2 average
Binding and Attuning
You’ll need to bind your gear (weapons/armor/items) to keep it from taking permanent damage after repairs and also to prepare it for the below rituals.
To bind your gear, place the item in a Stone of Change and take note of the minimum level of the piece. You’ll need the min level times itself in Khyber fragments (Example: a min5 item will require 5 x 5 = 25 fragments. 12 x 12 = 144, 15 x 15 = 225 and so on. Items with no minimum level are assumed to be min20, 20 x 20 = 400) Place the fragments in the stone as well and activate it. Your gear should now be bound and attuned.
Additional Notes: A Stone of Change can also be used to correct items (Levik’s Shield and Ghost Touch Handwraps for example) that are not functioning properly. Place the item by itself in the stone and activate it to ‘upgrade’ it to a normally working version.
NOTE: You can only have ONE recipe affecting an item. If you imbue an item with two separate recipes, the first is discarded and only the second one remains.
NOTE: You do not have to put the exact amount of ingredients in a crafting device to obtain the desired effect, put as much as you want and it’ll take what it needs for the recipe.
Armor: +1 Dodge bonus to AC. Combine your armor with 15 Strings of Prayer Beads & 5 Vials of Pure Water.
Shield: +1 Dodge bonus to AC. Combine your shield with 2 Tomes: Prophecies of Khyber & 6 Silver Flame Hymnals.
Force Point: +1 force damage per attack. Combine your weapon with 3 Luminescent Dusts & 9 Fragrant Drowshood Mushrooms.
Force Crit: +1d4 force damage on crit. Combine your weapon with 6 Sparkling Dusts & 12 Deadly Feverblanch Mushrooms.
Resistance: +1 competence bonus to all saves. Combine your goggles, necklace, trinket, bracers or ring with 4 Lightning-Split Soarwoods & 22 Funerary Tokens.
Adamantine: The adamantine ritual has 5 tiers, but most only utilize the first because it adds hardness, whereas the others don’t.
- Adamantine Ritual 1: +5 Hardness & +10 Durability: Combine the item with 10 Adamantine + 10 Essence of Earth Soul Gems.
- Adamantine Ritual 2: +5 Durability (Total 15): Combine the item with Adamantine 1 and 15 Adamantine + 20 Essence of Earth Soul Gems.
- Adamantine Ritual 3: +5 Durability (Total 20): Combine the item with Adamantine 2 and 20 Adamantine + 30 Essence of Earth Soul Gems.
- Adamantine Ritual 4: +5 Durability (Total 25): Combine the item with Adamantine 3 and 25 Adamantine + 40 Essence of Earth Soul Gems.
- Adamantine Ritual 5: +5 Durability (Total 30): Combine the item with Adamantine 4 and 30 Adamantine + 50 Essence of Earth Soul Gems.
NOTE: You gain scarabs from the Necropolis 1-3 quest chains. Turn in the appropriate dust to Squire Rale in Lower Necropolis by the banker and auctioneer.
Scarlet Scarab Dust – Combine Bloody Scarab, Charred Scarab, Crimson Scarab, Ruddy Scarab & Twitching Scarab.
- Lumric’s Longbow – (Weapon) +2 Longbow, Ghost Touch
- Touch of the Silver Flame – (Trinket) Lesser Undead Guard
- Signal of the Silver Flame – (Trinket) Lesser Turning
Dark Scarab Powder – Combine Shadow Guard Scarab, Shadow King Scarab, Shadow Knight Scarab, Shadow Lord Scarab & Shadow Scarab
- Morleth’s Docent – +2 Enhancement, Wizardry II, Lesser Arcane Sigil
- Righteous Bracers – Lesser Undead Guard, False Life
- Signet of the Silver Flame – (Ring) – Lesser Undead Guard, Intelligence +2, Charisma +2
Eeerie Scarab Powder – Combine Blighted Scarab, Cursed Scarab, Forbidden Scarab, Tormented Scarab & Unhallowed Scarab
- Beignin’s Breath – (Trinket) Exclusive, Wizardry III, Efficacy (3/rest)
- Dalorent’s Seal – (Shield) +3 Large Shield, Improved Devotion III, Improved Brilliance III, Sacred, Lesser Turning
- Ghostbane Longbow - +2 Longbow, Ghost Touch, Undead Bane
- Kaelth’s Touch – (Trinket) Undead Guard, Faith (Grants DR 5/evil)